(I) World Production
1. In 2012, the world polypropylene production capacity was 64.3 million tons/year, the output was 53.67 million tons, the demand was 53.94 million tons, and the average operating rate of the equipment was 83.5%.
2. Asia, Western Europe, North America and the Middle East are the major producers of polypropylene, and the production capacity in the four regions accounts for 90% of the world's total production capacity.
3. In 2013, the world polypropylene production capacity was approximately 67.88 million tons/year, and the new production capacity was 3.58 million tons, mainly from Asia and the Middle East; 2.25 million tons of new demand was added, and the world’s total polypropylene demand was 56.69 million tons. The average operating rate of the equipment decreased. To 82.8%
4. In the future, new polypropylene installations will be mainly distributed in Asia, the Middle East and North America. Some of the equipment in Western Europe will be closed; new demand will come from Asia.
5. It is expected that the polypropylene production capacity in the Middle East will exceed North America in 2015 and be close to Western Europe, and is still the main export of polypropylene; Asia, North America, and Western Europe are still the main consumption regions of PP; Asia is still the main importer of PP;
6. In recent years, China and India have gradually mastered the PP's terminal market, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other Middle Eastern countries have cheap raw materials;
7. In the next few years, new polypropylene plants will be mainly concentrated in Asia and the Middle East;
(II) Production in China
1. In 2012, new facilities such as Fushun Petrochemical, Daqing Petrochemical, and Datang Power MTP were put into operation. China's PP added 1.66 million tons of new capacity per year and its production capacity reached 14.22 million tons per year;
2. In 2013, Wuhan Ethylene, Ningbo Haoyuan, Xuzhou Haitian, and Zhejiang Hongji Phase II plant were put into operation, with an additional capacity of 1.17 million tons, with a total capacity of 15.39 million tons/year;