PP polypropylene consumption
(I) World consumption
1. The main uses of polypropylene in the world are injection molding and film products;
2. In North America and Western Europe, the consumption structure of PP is similar, with injection molding products accounting for the largest proportion, which are 32.3% and 39.7% respectively; followed by fibers, which are 15.9% and 16.9% respectively; and the third is diaphragm, which accounts for 16.9% and 25.1% respectively;
3. Asia's polypropylene consumption structure is different from that of Europe and the United States. Fibers and prepared products are the largest consumer areas in Asia, accounting for 36.8%;
(II) Consumption in China
1. With the development of packaging, automotive and home appliance industries, China has driven the development of textile products, injection molding products, and BOPP industries, and has seen steady growth in demand for PP;
2, woven products: China's largest consumer market PP, fertilizers, food, cement packaging;
3, injection molding products: automobiles, home appliances, toys, daily necessities, industrial containers and other fields;
4, BOPP: BOPP film is light, high mechanical strength, dimensional stability, widely used in packaging, especially food packaging;
5, CPP: CPP film barrier properties, low heat sealing temperature, printing and composite adaptability, resistance to cooking and other characteristics, for the drying of food and clothing products such as packaging, cooked food and pharmaceutical packaging;
6. Fiber: Polypropylene fiber (PP) is a fiber product made by melt spinning from PP. The product includes filaments (including elastic yarn, composite yarn, blown yarn and bulked yarn, etc.), staple fiber, and shaped Silk, silk, cutting silk, film cracking, spray silk and so on. Polypropylene fiber is mainly used in decorative cloths and industrial fields, such as various furniture cloths, decorative cloths, carpets, building reinforcements, geotextiles, oil-absorbing felts, conveyor belts, fishing utensils, packaging materials and filter cloths, etc. In the production of a variety of coats, underwear, swimwear, sweatshirts, socks and cotton and other cotton.
7. Tube plate: PP pipe has features such as high temperature resistance, convenient pipe connection (heat welding, pipe connection), recyclable use, etc. It is mainly used for farmland water supply system, building water supply system, heating system and chemical pipeline system. PP-R pipe is a new type of plastic pipe product developed and applied in Europe in the 90s. It has the advantages of high strength, good toughness, impact resistance, high temperature resistance and long service life. It is a green environmental protection product for modern civil construction pipeline system and industrial pipeline facilities; PP-B pipe not only has good rigidity, but also resists chemical corrosion and environmental stress cracking and is used in chemical pipelines.
In recent years, the application of PP in China has continued to diversify. In addition to the traditional woven bags to maintain a certain growth, PP used in industry, automotive and home appliances has grown rapidly, especially fiber-grade PP, biaxially oriented PP film (BOPP), household The demand for electrical appliances and automotive special materials has increased significantly. Although most of these products are available in China, some products with good performance and high added value cannot be produced domestically, such as ternary copolymer products, high-ethylene PP block copolymers, and meltblown non-woven fabrics. At the same time, the modified materials needed by the automobile industry cannot be produced domestically, and it needs a lot of imports.
In recent years, the rapid development of the real estate industry, automotive industry, home appliance industry, PP packaging, etc. has promoted the rapid growth of polypropylene demand. In 2000, the apparent consumption of polypropylene in China was 4.87 million tons, reaching 5.3 million tons in 2001. Become the world's second largest consumer of polypropylene, in 2003 increased to 7.18 million tons, exceeding the United States as the world's largest consumer country. The apparent consumption in 2005 was 8.23 million tons, which was further increased to 8.76 million tons in 2006, an increase of approximately 9.2% year-on-year. In 2007, the output of polypropylene in China exceeded 10 million tons for the first time, reaching 10.17 million tons, an increase of approximately 13% over the same period of the previous year. %. From 2002 to 2007, the demand for polypropylene in China maintained an average annual growth of 10%. In 2008, due to the impact of the financial crisis, the demand for polypropylene in China declined, and the demand for polypropylene continued to increase in 2009-2012. In 2012, the consumption was 14.86 million. Ton.
The application of PP products in China is different from that in Europe and the United States. It is mainly used to produce PP packaging boxes, woven products, film products, injection products, and textile products. It is widely used in UV printing and packaging, electronics and household appliances, automobiles, fibers, and construction. Tubes and other fields. In 2011, the main application areas of polypropylene in China are still woven products, injection molding and BOPP, accounting for 42%, 23%, and 17% of the total consumption of polypropylene.
From the perspective of consumption regions, the eastern region with developed economy and rapid economic growth is the largest consumer area of polypropylene. Polypropylene consumed in this region accounts for about 36.13% of total polypropylene consumption in mainland China; followed by South China and North China. In the region, the proportion of consumption of the two industries was 25.63% and 20.17% respectively; Guangdong, Shandong, Jiangsu, and Zhejiang provinces were the areas where polypropylene processing companies in China were most concentrated. There are more than 16,000 enterprises engaged in plastics processing, accounting for 48% of the country's total. The output of plastic products accounts for about 1/2 of the national total. The plastic products in these areas not only have large output, but also have high grades. The demand for raw materials is also diversified and specialized. It can be said that the plastics processing industry in these areas represents the technological level of China's current processing industry.